SSC MTS Syllabus 2023: The SSC MTS 2023 Paper-1 exam is scheduled from September 1st to 14th, 2023. For candidates interested in this recruitment, it’s essential to kickstart their exam preparation. In this article, we provide a comprehensive breakdown of the SSC MTS Syllabus and Exam Pattern for the 2023 Exam. The SSC MTS Syllabus comprises four sections: Reasoning Ability, Numerical Aptitude, English Language, and General Awareness. This article delves into each section, detailing the expected number of questions, question weightage, and strategies for approaching them
Since the exam is approaching, it’s crucial to understand the exam syllabus for effective preparation.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2023
To understand the SSC MTS 2023 Syllabus effectively, it’s crucial to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern. Take a moment to explore the SSC MTS 2023 Exam Pattern and the comprehensive SSC MTS Syllabus for 2023 in the section below. If you’re gearing up for the SSC MTS Exam, we encourage you to read this entire article and structure your preparation accordingly.
|SSC MTS Syllabus 2023|
|Organisation||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Name||SSC MTS 2023|
|Selection Process||Computer Based TestPhysical Efficiency Test (PET)/ Physical Standard Test (PST) (only for the post of Havaldar)|
|No. of Questions||90|
|Negative Marking||Session 1- No negative marking|
Session 2- 1 mark
SSC MTS Paper-I Exam Pattern (Revised)
The revised SSC MTS Paper-I Exam Pattern has been released along with SSC MTS Notification 2023 and the same has been tabulated below.
- Computer-Based Examination will be conducted in 2 Sessions.
- Session-I and Session-II and both the Sessions will be mandatory to be attempted.
- Not attempting any session will disqualify the candidate.
- There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Session 2 while there will be no negative marking in Session 1.
|Subject||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Numerical and Mathematical Ability||20||60||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability and Problem-Solving||20||60|
|General Awareness||25||75||45 minutes|
|English Language and Comprehension||25||75|
You May Also Like!
- AIIMS Patna Sr Resident Recruitment 2023 – Apply Online for 90 Posts
- CCL Jr Data Entry Operator (Trainee) Recruitment 2023 – Apply for 261 Posts
- Indian Air Force Officers (AFCAT) Recruitment, Apply Online for 317 Posts
- 995 Posts | IB ACIO Recruitment 2023 | Apply Link
- DRDO Recruitment 2023, Apply Online for Admin Staff posts
SSC MTS Syllabus for Paper-1
SSC MTS Syllabus for Numerical Aptitude
SSC MTS Numerical Aptitude Syllabus
- Integers and Whole Numbers
- LCM and HCF
- Decimals and Fractions
- Relationship between numbers
- Fundamental Arithmetic Operations
- Ratio and Proportions
- Work and Time
- Direct and Inverse Proportions
- Simple Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Area and Perimeter of Basic Geometric Figures
- Distance and Time
- Lines and Angles
- Interpretation of simple Graphs and Data
- Square and Square roots, etc.
SSC MTS Syllabus for Reasoning Ability & Problem Solving
SSC MTS Numerical Aptitude Topics
- Alpha-Numeric Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Following Directions
- Similarities and Differences
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Nonverbal Reasoning based on diagrams, Age Calculations, Calendar and Clock, etc.
SSC MTS Syllabus for the English Language
SSC MTS English Language Topics
- Spot the error
- Fill in the blanks
- Spelling/detecting misspelled words
- Idioms and Phrases
- One-word substitution
- Improvement of sentences
- Comprehension Passage
SSC MTS Syllabus for General Awareness
The questions are created to evaluate the candidate’s general awareness of their surroundings and how this awareness can be applied to society. They will also assess the candidate’s knowledge of current affairs and topics that any educated person is expected to be familiar with, particularly those with scientific aspects.
The test will encompass questions about India and its neighboring countries, focusing on areas such as sports, history, culture, geography, the economic landscape, general polity, including the Indian Constitution, scientific research, static general knowledge, and more. These questions are designed in such a way that they don’t demand specialized knowledge in any particular field.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2023: FAQs
What is the SSC MTS syllabus 2023?
SSC MTS syllabus covers 4 sections in Tier-1 exam including Reasoning Ability, Numerical Aptitude, English Language and General Awareness. The detailed syllabus for SSC MTS exam is discussed in the article.
Is there any negative marking in SSC MTS Tier-I Exam?
Yes, There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
What is the total number of questions will be asked in MTS Paper-I?
A total of 100 questions will be asked in SSC MTS 2023 Paper-1 exam.