The NSP scholarship is a part of the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) and falls under the Mission Mode Project. It was established by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. This portal brings together various government scholarships, making it a valuable resource for students.
For individuals belonging to categories like ST/SC/BC/EBC/Minority/Disabled, the NSP scholarship offers a significant opportunity. It’s a platform that provides financial support to pre-matric and post-matric students in grades 1 to 10, as well as those in classes 11 and 12. Additionally, students pursuing technical and professional programs with a focus on merit and means can also apply for scholarships through NSP.
The NSP scholarship program for the 2023-2024 session will commence shortly. Applicants aiming to apply for the NSP scholarship scheme and who have achieved more than 50% marks in their last final examination should promptly create a new login once the online application becomes available on the NSP portal at scholarships.gov.in. This article provides insights into scholarship status, the application process, payment details, eligibility criteria, and necessary requirements.
Table of Contents
scholarships.gov.in NSP Portal: Overview
|Scholarship Name||National Scholarship|
|Authorized by||MeitY (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology)|
|Portal Full Name||National Scholarship Portal|
|Portal Web Address||scholarships.gov.in|
|Portal Developed by||National Informatics Centre (NIC)|
|Beneficiary||SC/ST/OBC/Minority and General|
|Mode of Application||Online Mode|
|Scheme Category||State Scheme, Central Scheme, and UGC/AICTE Scheme|
|Scholarship Category||Pre-Matric, Post-Matric, Merit cum Means|
|Eligible Marks||Minimum 50% in the Last Final Exam|
|Help Email Addressemail@example.com|
You May Also Like!
- AIIMS Patna Sr Resident Recruitment 2023 – Apply Online for 90 Posts
- CCL Jr Data Entry Operator (Trainee) Recruitment 2023 – Apply for 261 Posts
- Indian Air Force Officers (AFCAT) Recruitment, Apply Online for 317 Posts
- 995 Posts | IB ACIO Recruitment 2023 | Apply Link
- DRDO Recruitment 2023, Apply Online for Admin Staff posts
Eligibility Criteria For The NSP Scholarship Scheme
There are some eligibility criteria for applying on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Students must have an idea about those criteria, that’s why we will now explain in detail about those eligibility criteria.
- The candidates must have a score minimum of 50% marks in the previous final exam.
- If a candidate is already taking benefits from NSP on their present course then they are not eligible to apply again.
- If any candidate is not taking benefits from NSP then candidates who are in class 1 to class 10 are eligible to apply for the pre-matric scholarship scheme.
- If the candidate’s present course falls under the post-matric scholarship scheme like class 11, class 12, technical and vocational courses then the candidate can avail the benefits of this NSP scholarship scheme.
- Professional and technical course candidates can also apply for this merit cum means scholarship (MCMS) in the NSP portal.
Scholarship schemes At @scholarships.gov.in
There are 3 types of schemes present at the national scholarship portal.
- AICTE/UGC scheme
- State Government scheme
- Central Government scheme
|AICTE/UGC scheme||University Grants Commission – MHRD|
All India Council For Technical Education-AICTE
|State Government scheme||Various Ministries according to Pre-matric or Post-matric scheme|
|Central Government scheme||Ministry of Minority Affairs Departments|
Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities Departments
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment Departments
Ministry of Labour & Employment Departments
Ministry of Tribal Affairs Departments
Department of School Education & Literacy
Department of Higher Education
Ministry of Home Affairs, WARB
Ministry of Railway (RPF/RPSF)
North Eastern Council(NEC),DoNER
How To Register on the NSP Portal?
The candidates who want to fill out the NSP scheme application form for the very first time need first register as new applicants. How to register for the form of National Scholarship Portal we have given below the details.
- The candidate has to go first on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) website @scholarships.gov.in
- Now the candidate has to follow the Applicant Corner option.
- Then, the candidate has to select New Registration from the Applicant Corner section.
- Now the candidate has to fill out the Registration form.
- You have to provide all the necessary information like domicile certificate, academic details, active mobile number, active email ID, candidate’s own bank account number, and Aadhaar UID number.
- Now you have to submit it to get the applicant ID and password. The password is your date of birth. That’s all
NSP Portal Login 2023 -2024
- The candidate has to go to the NSP Portal Scholarships.gov.in then Applicant Corner.
- Now the candidate has to select Application Submission for AY 2023-24
- Then select Fresh Application.
- Now the candidate has to enter the Applicant ID, and password (date of birth).
- Then you have to solve the captcha and log in.
- After logging in, the candidate has to complete the full application process including the applicant’s name, father’s name, income details, category, Hosteler Day scholar, etc.
- Now the candidate has to fill out the present course or academic details like Present class or course, previous year’s final result details, present year admission details, institute and board details, etc.
- Now the candidate has to fill in some additional details like family income source, marital status, etc
- Now the candidate has to upload their documents which are cast certificate, income certificate, bona fide certificate, Admission details Receipt, previous year’s last qualified mark sheet, etc.
- Now the candidate has to click on the submit button and this is the final step.
- After the final submission, a complete fill-up form will be generated with all your provided details.
- Now take a printout of the application.
- After submitting the application, the candidate has to wait for the official verification process.
NSP scholarship renewal 2023-2024 on scholarship.gov.in
The NSP Scholarship Renewal Process is necessary for candidates who have already received approval for the NSP Scholarship in the past. These candidates must renew their application. To renew, candidates simply need to provide information about their current enrolled course, institute details, and the affiliated board. If they wish to update their bank account information, they can do so during this process. It’s important to note that all required details for the renewal must be uploaded to the NSP scholarship portal, scholarship.gov.in, based on your current course.
Document needed for NSP scholarship
Here is a list of important documents that are required during the fresh application process.
- Candidate’s Aadhaar card.
- Candidate’s own mobile number (Aadhaar linked).
- Passport-size photograph of the candidate.
- Previous year’s final exam mark sheet.
- Candidate’s caste certificate.
- Present course fee receipt.
- Domicile certificate of the candidate
- Candidate’s annual family income certificate
- Candidate’s own bank account details
NSP scholarship status Check Process
After submitting your application for the NSP Scholarship, it’s crucial to check the scholarship’s status to track the progress of your application. This status check helps ensure that your application is being processed correctly. When we provide accurate information during the NSP Scholarship application, monitoring the status can give us insights into the approval process. Checking the status not only helps us stay informed but also provides visibility into the various stages of the process. You can easily perform this check by logging into the official NSP portal at scholarship.gov.in using your applicant ID and password. Here’s a step-by-step guide for the proces:
- Step 1 First go to the NSP scholarship portal www.scholarships.gov.in.
- step 2 Now the candidate has to select the Previous Year(Including AY 2022-23) Application Status option under the Applicant corner’s Login section.
- Step 3 After selecting Previous Year(Including AY 2022-23) Application Status, a new tab will open.
- Step 4 Now select the academic year, then select fresh for new applicant or renewal for old applicant.
- Step 5 Then use your applicant ID, and password and solve the captcha to log in at the NSP portal. Finally, you can check your application status.
National Scholarship NSP Important Contact details
|NSP scholarship phone contact||0120 – 6619540|
|NSP technical mail firstname.lastname@example.org|
|PFMS mail email@example.com|
|PFMS phone contact||1800 118 111|
How do I renew my NSP scholarship for 2022-23?
1. Go to scholarships.gov.in
2. Under the Applicant corner part, you have to choose a login
3. Then select Renewal
4. Use your own applicant ID, and password and solve the captcha to log in
5. Update your course details, Upload necessary documents, and submit
How to track NSP scholarship?
1. Go to the NSP scholarship portal www.scholarships.gov.in.
2. Select the Previous Year(Including AY 2022-23) Application Status option under the Applicant corner’s Login section.
3. Select fresh for new applicant or renewal for old applicant.
4. Use your applicant ID, and password and solve the captcha to log in at the NSP portal to track the NSP scholarship.
Bank KYC is required for the NSP scholarship approval?
Yes, you must complete your bank KYC to get the NSP scholarship
How many schemes can be found at NSP Portal?
You can find 3 types of schemes at NSP Portal like UGC/AICTE scheme, State government scheme, Central Government Scheme
What is the minimum eligible percentage marks required for NSP scholarship?
Candidate must obtain a minimum 50% marks in the previous year’s final exam.