The Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS), initiated by the Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare under the Ministry of Defense, has been supporting 12th Pass, Diploma, and Graduation students since 2006. This scheme is specifically designed for dependent wards of Ex-Coast Guard or Ex-Servicemen personnel or their widows. Its primary goal is to sustain the pursuit of higher technical and professional education among eligible students through financial assistance.
Students who have achieved a minimum of 60% marks in their class 12, diploma, or graduation and are currently enrolled in their first professional degree course for the academic year 2023-24 are eligible to apply for the PM Scholarship Scheme. Applications can be submitted online by visiting the official website at https://ksb.gov.in.
PM Scholarship Details
|Scholarship name||PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS)|
|Department||Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat,|
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
|Beneficiary||Students from dependent wards of Ex-Coast Guard or|
Ex-Servicemen personnel or their widows
|Total Beneficiary||5500 (Every year)|
|Course Category||First Professional degree course|
|Amount||Rs 2500 For Boys and|
Rs 3000 for Girls
PM Scholarship Scheme Eligibility
There are some PM Scholarship Scheme eligibility criteria you must follow before applying to PM Scholarship Scheme.
- PM Scholarship Scheme (pmss) is only for 12th Pass, Diploma and Graduation Students
- Students admitted to first Professional Degree Courses recognized by government Bodies under AICTE, UGC, ICAR, MCI, CCIM, CCH, VCI, DCI, PCI, BCI, RCI, PMC,INC, NCTE are eligible.
- Students from Dependent Wards or Widows of Ex-Coast Guard & Ex-Servicemen personnel are eligible
- Student must obtain minimum 60% marks in class 12, Diploma or Graduation courses
- Students admitted to 1st year courses are only eligible for PMSS Scholarship Scheme.
- Students admitted to 1st year courses as a Lateral Entry or Integrated Course are not eligible
- 2nd year students are also not eligible for applying the PM Scholarship Scheme. But if the 2nd year student’s course is an integrated course where the 1st part of their course is academic based and 2nd part of their course is integrated (Professional) then they are eligible to apply for the PM Scholarship Scheme.
- Distance learning and abroad studying students are not eligible.
- Student pursuing Master’s degree are not eligible.
You May Also Like!
- AIIMS Patna Sr Resident Recruitment 2023 – Apply Online for 90 Posts
- CCL Jr Data Entry Operator (Trainee) Recruitment 2023 – Apply for 261 Posts
- Indian Air Force Officers (AFCAT) Recruitment, Apply Online for 317 Posts
- 995 Posts | IB ACIO Recruitment 2023 | Apply Link
- DRDO Recruitment 2023, Apply Online for Admin Staff posts
PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) Registration
If a student wishes to apply for this PM scholarship scheme PMSS for the first time then he/she must visit this official portal and complete the registration process. So first we will discuss about this registration process.
- Open your browser and visit the official Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare portal https://ksb.gov.in.
- Now click on “Register“
- Now you have to fill Part 1 and Part 2 with necessary information.
- In Part 1, you have to enter details about who you are?, First name, Middle name, Surname, ESM service number, Type and Rank of ESM, RSB, date of birth, Father’s or Husband’s name, Email ID and Mobile Number
- In Part 2, You have to enter details about your address and bank account. In the address part, you have to enter House no, street, town, village, state, district, country, and pin code. In the bank account part you have to enter bank account holder name, bank name, branch name, IFSC code etc
- Now you have to solve the captcha and then submit
- You’ll get the User ID and Password in your registered email ID.
- You’ll also get an activation link and you have to active that.
How to Apply Online For PM Scholarship Scheme 2023-24?
Now we’re going to explain how a student can perform the PM Scholarship Scheme Apply Online process.
- Visit the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare portal https://ksb.gov.in
- Click on Login
- A new window will open. Now enter your registered User name, Password and solve captcha. Then login
- Now www.ksb.gov.in dashboard will open
- Now select PMSS from the drop down menu then New Application and Click Apply Online
- First you have to upload the Passport size photo
- If you’re not a registered applicant then you have to read the PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) Registration process
- So after registration, you have to login again with your login credentials
- Now you have to fill all Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 with necessary details.
- You have to enter your personal details like name of the applicant/student, Service type (Air Force/Coast Guard/Army/Navy/Coast Guard), Rank of the ESM, Marital Status etc
- In the next step, you have to provide your present address details
- After providing the address details, you have to provide your previous and present academic details like the minimum academic qualification 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation, Percentage of marks obtained, Present course duration, Present course details etc
- Enter Bank account details
- Upload all the necessary scan documents
- Recheck everything again
- Now save and forward the application. Thats all
desw.gov.in – PMSS Last Date 2023-24
|Notification Release||October 2023|
|Start of Application||01 November 2023|
|Last Date||30 November 2023|
|Extended Date||31 December 2023|
|Renewal Application||November 2023|
|Last Date For Renewal||31 December 2023|
|Selection List||January 2023|
|Award Distribution||Till January Last|
PM Scholarship scheme 2023 last date
The application process of PM Scholarship Scheme is already started at 1st September 2023 and the PM Scholarship scheme 2023 last date is 30 November 2023. So you must apply before the 30 November 2023.
Documents Required For PMSS
When you’re going to apply for the PMSS, you must need to ready all the scan copy of required documents. Here we’ve described which documents are required.
- Aadhaar card
- Bonafied certificate
- ZSB or coast guard HQ signed certificate of Ex-Servicemen or Ex-Coast Guard
- Bank certificate’s scan copy which is a proof of student’s aadhaar is linked with bank
- Date of Birth proof (Matriculation Admit card Scan copy)
- Class 12 marksheet, if diploma/Graduation then all semester marksheets scan copy
- Bank passbook’s first page scan copy
- Scan Copy of PPO, POR, or ESM I-Card
|For New Application Portal||Click Here|
|For Amount and Details||Click Here|
|Latest Updates||Click Here|
|Latest Scholarship Updates||ScholarshipLogin.in|
What is the minimum percentage of marks required for applying PMSS?
60% marks required for class 10+2, diploma and graduation students
PG courses are eligible for PMSS ?
Only MBA/MCA courses are eligible.
Distance learning students are eligible for PMSS?
No, Distance learning students are not eligible for PMSS.